Tuesday, October 30, 2012
I drove down to Provo on Thursday for a dentist appointment. An interesting audiobook and the familiar sights of Provo made the otherwise not-so-pleasant trip a happy one. And the best reward from my trip to take care of my teeth was a new freezer stash of BYU Brownies. (I'll keep my toothbrush near :)
I just finished one of the big projects I started yesterday (a Halloween twister mat for Landon's class party tomorrow). I finally glanced around enough to notice why Jordan mentioned last night with more than a hint of relief "Just 2 more days of these projects, right?" :)
So, here's the hidden picture: can you spot 10 projects in the works on this kitchen counter?
(I promise this counter was clean yesterday afternoon!)
2. Jello Worms experiment (rubberband, tall cup - and some straws under one of those piles I think)
3. Morning Dishes Job (silverware tray, veggie scrubber, breakfast dishes, fondue pot...)
4. Lunch (Ellie's paper plate turned paint holder, Owen's tray, Spinach salad bowl)
5. Ellie's pretend Road/ Class book (long colored paper strip scraps, 3-eyed guy and Lightning McQueen)
6. Tuesday flowers (leftover vase of flowers being replaced)
7. Portuguese learning (notecard taped up)
8. Family Game Night (box of cards/ computer stand)
9. Pumpkin Puzzles (painted craft stick pile)
10. 10 more projects (open on my computer desktop - Don't Eat Pete, halloween snack brainstorming, uploading photos, emailing, snack bag labels, monster matching game search, weekly goals chart, family budget...)
(Not pictured -- every other surface and space of our upstairs, and my craft room, and my bedroom all looking about the same...)
Time to tackle this mess!
Saturday, October 27, 2012
|more info here on the event|
Posted by Debbie Brough at 9:20 PM
Park Strip Rocks
|The pile of rocks on our driveway is much more compelling than any other toys we might have :)|
We've been working (and working and working...) on redoing our park strips and adding some weed barrier to hopefully make them a little nicer. We're getting closer, but if/when we ever do finish, Owen will certainly miss one of his favorite play places.
Posted by Debbie Brough at 8:51 PM
Ellie was so excited to find her old (long lost!) hymn book in the lost and found at church that she wanted me to take her picture. (And doesn't she look like a 3-year-old sister-missionary-in-training?) We were excited to hear the news about the missionary age changes. Listening to conference, Landon could tell by our reactions that something exciting was happening and he tried to listen harder to figure it out. Frustrated, he said something like "What's happening? You guys can understand all these things, but I can't!" When we explained more, Ellie (who has often heard us talking to Landon about serving a mission) said "I think I will go on a mission when I am 19! It will be exciting to see what impact these changes will have!
Posted by Debbie Brough at 8:48 PM
Jordan and I went to Park City for a few days to celebrate our Anniversary while Grammie and Grandpa took care of the kids at home. It was absolutely beautiful and we had a great time biking, shopping, sleeping in, reading, relaxing, and eating yummy food. After a great trip, we were happy to return to our sweet family. Owen held on tight to Jordan for at least 20 minutes after we walked in the door, and only let go for more hugging time with me.
|Oh, how we love these Owen hugs!|
Posted by Debbie Brough at 8:41 PM
|Owen may soon be wishing for these green grass days again!|
Posted by Debbie Brough at 8:29 PM
Try to remember the kind of September...
It's been a while -- our Autumn time has been flying by! But, since I so soon forget the moments I think I will never forget, here is a bit of our September in pictures.
|A snack time picnic watching the diggers hard at work near our house.|
|After school snacks|
|Early Fall afternoon walks|
|Watching/listening to Pandora (especially our favorite Laurie Berkner or 'You are my Sunshine')|
|Oh, yummy fruits and veggies! A favorite part of Fall. (And our lovely Portuguese labels too)|
|Adding patches to Landon's pants... a sure sign that Fall had arrived.|
|Campfire dinners and hikes and our first on-our-own overnight family campout|
|The new look of our kitchen courtesy of the newest climber in our home.|
Posted by Debbie Brough at 8:16 PM
|A treat plate surprise made by Ellie while I was out running, with a note transcribed by Landon "Dear Debbie, I hope you have a great run today. From Ellie to Mommy."|
Of course I can't remember the clever and thoughtful an wonderfully poetic lines I imagined I'd write...
But here are some thoughts anyway :)
- Early this week I was just amazed at the brilliant, bold fall colors. The fresh, crisp air of a very recent rain. The golden light of the mountains in there perfect yellow-fall shades. What a gift! What a sweet reward for getting myself out on what I thought would be a soggy and grey morning run.
- The next morning was snow!
|blurry pic from the snowflake dusted ipod:)|
And I thought I would be a lonely runner in the slushy new snow, but again I was surprised with a lovely run full of friendly hellos from neighbors and dog walkers (though the dogs were sporting new sweaters :) Oh, I love these few morning minutes.
- Jordan picked up my new (used) treadmill for me today and I'm excited that there is a possibility to keep running as the temperatures keep dropping... but I will certainly miss my favorite things about running --- neighbors who I don't know at all but feel like friends from our daily 'good mornings' or smiles or waves, the beautiful neighborhood trees and mountains, the robins and squirrels and once-in-a-while rabbits darting around, Ellie or Owen's personalized soundtracks of made-up songs, my favorite tree to stretch under when I get home...
- I injured my foot a few weeks ago (after my longest solid run ever of 3 1/2 miles!) and had to give up my plan of running a 10K in a few weeks. But recovery has come much faster than I had feared, and I've been thrilled to be back, even without the big plan in place.
- Every few weeks I add or swap out a new layer as the weather gets colder. My latest bright orange running shirt / extra warm magenta gloves combo is a new favorite for the instant 'I'm a runner' feeling it brings :)
Posted by Debbie Brough at 8:05 PM
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)