Friday, September 1, 2017
best of Canada so far (in moments)
(I wrote down these few things on our 3rd day in Victoria -- hopefully there will be more to follow of the next 2 weeks of our trip! :)
* Sunday morning, Jordan took Ellie and Isaac for a walk, and I loved getting ready while the boys so happily played animal cards with each other in the bedrooms.
* Staying up late one evening, Jordan teaching Owen binary, Owen so proud to show me what he'd learned.
* Sitting in the grass at the park across the street from our airbnb house, taking turns reading with one of the kids at a time while the others played.
* Watching Porter play at the park with a little friend while the other kids ran laps
*Jordan's brilliant plan after our first afternoon, filled with grumbling, etc. fighting/complaining/grumbling = 1 lap around the park. Phewph.
* Watching an older couple in the park doing this beautiful yoga/dance kind of exercise, the woman watching the man, following along, both of them so graceful, calm. I wanted to go join them, instead I tried my own version back in our kitchen, just for a minute.
* Sharing a hot fudge brownie sundae with Porter (so good, even worth ice cream sharing which I don't love to do!)
* Landon sitting in the middle of a dozen baby goats, just sitting and sitting, then one goat cuddling right up onto his lap. And watching Porter combing the goats hair, encouraging Ellie to not be worried and come on in.
* Letting Landon reach into the pond at Beacon Hill park for a treasured Canadian dime
* The super nice cashiers at the grocery store who were so patient and kind when my credit cards weren't working. And the man behind me completely patient and encouraging, "good luck! I hope you can get that worked out!"
* A surprise afternoon adventure. We picked up subway and looked for a park to picnic, ended up in a beautiful forest, then after a lovely walk, ended up on the other side at a shore where the kids came alive running and splashing in the water.
Posted by Debbie Brough at 12:13 PM